Wills and Probate
The making of a Will is one of the most important things we can ever do yet so many of us keep putting it off until another day.
Making a Will is vitally important for ensuring:
- That the people we want to receive gifts under the Will get exactly what we want them to get.
- That the people we want to look after our affairs are the ones who are appointed to deal with matters on our behalf.
- That money or property can be put into trust for children or people who are not able to look after their own affairs.
- That we avoid having to pay unnecessarily large inheritance tax bills.
Our Lawyers who deal with Wills and Probate matters are able to advise upon a large range of legal solutions to difficult issues and will be able to draft and arrange suitably worded Wills and Powers of Attorney. Details about legal costs and expenses will be made available at the outset.
We will help you to:
- Appoint suitable Executors.
- Provide for your spouse or partner.
- Provide for your children.
- Make specific gifts to particular people.
- Make gifts to charities.
- Set out your funeral wishes.
- Protect your business interests.
- Minimise Tax liabilities.
- Administer Estates.
- Prepare living wills.
- Prepare and administer trusts.
It is important to review your Will from time to time to take into account changes in your circumstances such as marriage, divorce or having children. We will help you to keep your Will up to date.
Our lawyers will arrange for the administration of estates where people have died. We will take steps to minimise the impact of Inheritance Tax which would otherwise be payable and we will attend to the administration of an estate in a timely manner.
We are happy to advise upon the making of Powers of Attorney, Lasting Powers of Attorney and applications to the Court of Protection.
If you have any concerns regarding Wills an Probate matters, please contact:
Melvin Barker – Burslem Office (telephone 01782 819611)
Julie Hissey – Stoke Office (telephone 01782 845807)